Well what do you know guys? It appears as though our humble little blog has drawn attention! It appears as though we have been nominated by another blogger for an award! While I admit I’m a little shocked that we’re receiving such recognition considering that this blog hasn’t been around for one year, I am, none the less, extremely happy about this recent turn of events!
Our good friend HollyaWolfe has nominated us for the Versatile Blogger Award just today! I would never had known we were even in the running, had I not visited her awesome blog this morning. According to her blog, the rules for the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Okay. Let’s do this the right way to make sure all bases are covered like a LSU ballgame.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU HOLLY!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NOMINATING “THE CAJUN SAMURAI” FOR THIS AWARD!
- Here’s a link to her blog: http://hollyawolfe.wordpress.com/. I’ll be adding it to the blog roll post-haste.
- Hmm…15 Blogs? Well, I do believe I will follow her lead with this one, and only pick 5 for nomination:
- I officially nominate the above sites for the Versatile Blogger Award because they are all the most awesome blogs I’ve ever come across. Plain and simple.
Seven things about yours truly? Hmm…okay–fair warning though, I lead a pretty dull life.
- Every single CD in my vehicle at the moment has at least ONE anime song on it. Listening to anime music while driving is one of my guilty pleasures and I’ve been doing it since I’ve been driving.
- Recently I traded in my black 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, which I had been driving for about five years and was my first vehicle I ever purchased on my own. What did I trade it in for, you’re asking yourself? A black 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. What can I say, I’m a creature of habit.
- My nephew bought my very first anime wall scroll. He remembered a while back when we were shopping together that I really liked the FLCL one we saw in a now-closed anime shop at the Mall of Louisiana ["The New Mall" for locals, even though it's been there for YEARS...go figure...], so the next time he visited,we went to the mall and he surprised me with it, bless his little heart.
- I’ve only been to one anime convention –Louisianime, to be exact. It was okay, but it was a little too crowded and noisy for my tastes. Also, I went on my own, so I didn’t really have anyone to talk too.
- I bought my first modern-day video game system just a few weeks ago–a Nintendo DSi XL. I figured that I would try to get into modern-day gaming a little more now that I’m getting older, and I’m really having fun with games like the “Ace Attorney” series, “Final Fantasy III”, and “GoldenEye 007″. Admittedly, I also have a soft spot for a certain culinary inclined parental figure that shall remain nameless…
- In my twenty-seven years of life on this earth, I have only left the state 4 times.
- When I was growing up, my hero was Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter. Please don’t ask why; I had a very unique childhood.
Andrain here, apparently I should say a few things too.
1. Miss Holly, Thank you very much for this nomination. It is an honor you’ve enjoyed… Probably just the Samurai’s stuff, but I don’t mind.
2. Boss already did.
3. He’s got 15 there we’re good.
4. I join my boss in support of nominating these blogs for various reasons including convenience, actual favor, and the fact these blogs have entertained me.
5. Seven things huh Yare yare…
1. Hmm, The first anime I bothered to purchase was “Poni Poni Poeni”. A Nabeshin classic and sequel to “Excel Saga”.
2.I have yet to see “Akira”.
3.I’m a gamer too. Counting over 200 games including games from every Nintendo System ever released! Still got my Virtual boy!
4. My favorite technique in all of Fiction is Starlight Breaker, followed by Archer’s Unlimited Blade Works.
5. I drive a 09 Nissan Acura… I’m running outta stuff here.
6. I’m a Navy Nuke! (That’s pretty cool don’tcha know?)
7. Only ever attended Onicon in Houston, Texas once. Same scenario as the Samurai. It was there I witnessed the worst travesty to exist The Dub of Glass Fleet.
Ahem. Once again, thank you so much for the consideration, and we honestly do appreciate it! We will continue to put out the best of the best in the world of anime! Now if you’ll excuse me…I got one last review to whip up…and one BIG project to finish planning! The month of August promises to be an awesome month for you old-school fans out there, so keep your browser right here!